For the purposes of data protection legislation the data controller is DNA Language Ltd of 32 Drymen Road, Glasgow G61 2RG, UK.
Who we are
DNA Language Ltd is a Translation and Editing consultancy.
This website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
While using our website or services, you may be required to provide personal information (name, address, email, etc.). We will use this information to administer our website, applications, client databases and marketing material.
We will also use this information to respond to your enquiries and correspond with you while working on your translation or editing project.
We will ensure that all personal information you supply is held securely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, as adopted in UK law in the Data Protection Act 2018. Further, by providing telephone, fax and email details, you consent to DNA Language Ltd contacting you using that method. You have the right at any time to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. If you would like to receive a copy of this, or be removed from our database, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information collection and use
How we collect information
Most of the data we collect and process is provided directly by you, when you
- give it to us directly (“Directly Provided Data”) when you visit or use our website
- send an e-mail to enquire about our services
How long we keep your data for
We will not retain your personal information longer than necessary. We will retain the information you provide either while your client account is in existence, or as needed to be able to provide services to you.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information as required.
We will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
Where we process your data
We process data in the UK and (under contract) at the sites of data processors and third parties appointed by us. Some of these processors may be outside the EEA.
We apply UK data protection law to our processing.
Why we collect your data
We collect your data so that we can:
- respond to your enquiries and provide translation/proofreading and related services
- correspond with you and provide you with updates on your translation/proofreading project
- market and promote our brand and services
- keep you up to date with any DNA Language Ltd news.
Who we may share your data with
To carry out our legitimate business interests and provide you with the translation and editing services you have requested, we will sometimes have to share your data with third parties, including business partners, suppliers and contractors that we use to undertake our business activities. For example, if you request a translation in a language combination we do not provide, we may outsource your project to a trusted third party.
Your data protection rights
We understand that you trust us with your personal information and would like to make sure you are fully aware of your data protection rights. Every user has the following rights.
The right to access – you have the right to ask DNA Language Ltd for copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – you have the right to ask DNA Language Ltd to correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask DNA Language Ltd to complete any information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – you have the right to ask DNA Language Ltd to erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – you have the right to ask DNA Language Ltd to restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – you have the right to object to DNA Language Ltd processing your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – you have the right to ask DNA Language Ltd to transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44-141-942-0919.
Cookies are small files saved to your computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about your interactions with and use of our website. The aim is to remember your preferences and provide you with a customised experience when you visit the site.
You can find out more at All about cookies.
Questions, concerns or complaints
You may also complain to the Information Commissioners Office, the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest and to promote openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.
Updates to this policy
DNA Language Ltd regularly reviews how we process and protect your data. We will publish any changes to our policy here on our website.
Last updated: October 2022