Information for clients
Language services you can trust
- Translation, web-writing and web usability services are precisely that: a professional service, not a product or commodity. With DNA Language you get a top-class service and the utmost professionalism.
- Words used to describe our services include: hugely appreciated, excellent, scrupulous, great professionalism, responsive, super-professional, valuable input, excellent (and demanding!) work, wonderful, beautifully written, and – our favourite – very helpful!!!!!.
- We work in close partnership with our clients so you can be sure of personal attention. Most of our work is done in-house, and all of it undergoes careful quality control.
- Our main language combinations are Italian to English, English to Italian, French to English and English to French.
- Our Director, Marian Dougan, meets security clearance criteria with both the Italian Foreign Ministry and the British Foreign Office. At DNA Language we're very careful about confidentiality and security: with us, your documents are in safe hands.
What makes us different
- We do not translate into 90 or more languages. We focus on just 3 languages: English, Italian and French, and on producing top-class translations and web content in those 3 languages.
- We do not offer volume discounts. Translating large amounts of text is just as time-consuming, if not more so, than translating small amounts.
- We do not out-source projects to tens, even hundreds of free-lance translators and editors working at low rates and whose quality we can’t guarantee. Some agencies do. And it shows!
How we charge and how to pay
- Translation, editing or proofreading projects are charged by the word or page (a standard page is 1500 characters, including spaces).
- Web-writing or website usability projects are charged by the hour.
- Web-writing workshops are charged by the half-day or full-day.
- Urgent jobs are subject to an additional charge.
- You can pay us by bank transfer or PayPal, or by UK cheque.
How we work
- Our standard translation and editing software is Word, but we can also work in Excel or PowerPoint or their Mac equivalents (Pages, Numbers, Keynote).
- We use and love Macs but our output is fully Windows-compatible.
- We can provide texts that are ready for publication, or summary or gist translations – just let us know which you need.
- We can maintain your document formatting, but texts requiring extensive formatting work, texts in PDF format, or desk-top publishing projects are subject to an additional charge.
- You can send us your texts by email (our preferred method) or by fax or post if necessary.
- We’re happy to use your glossaries or company-specific terminology– please send them to us! That way we can be sure your finished text meets your in-house style and terminology requirements.
Last, but by no means least
- We have your interests, reputation and credibility at heart.